Inspired by fearless knights, severe lords and gorgeous queens, Medieval Playing Cards
is a fully custom hand-drawn deck with one-way courts in the original old style of playing card decks. From the card stock to the construction of the tuckbox, Medieval
is designed to transport you back in time with a contemporary twist!
The Medieval Playing Cards
were crafted 100% by hand
to showcase the beauty of the Renaissance period. Inspired by the great artist, Diego Velásquez
, we want you to feel this epoch and experience its elegance and grandeur
For this project we present TWO different decks -- Medieval Gold Edition and Medieval Royal Edition
For the Royal Edition
of the Medieval Playing Cards
, we decided to go ALL OUT
on a deck so fancy
that the Queen of England wouldn't mind playing bridge with it. Features of the deck:
- Gold wax-style seal with extra-long out-of-the box tuck flap packaging.
- Intricate gold foiling on deck box.
- Gold edge gilding on all cards.
- Gold foil on the card backs.
- Intricate gold foiled interior printing.
- Printed by WJPC on thicker, more durable card stock.
- Beautiful and intricate 2-way back design with unique coat of arms underlay for each suit.